Re: [whatwg] Allow empty string for input type=color

On Thu, 3 May 2012, Alfonso Martínez de Lizarrondo wrote:

> Being able to not select a color isn't so strange.
> Everyone is used to word processors, and they usually have an option to
> select the color for the text and background. And among those available
> colors there's an option to use the default text color or to use a
> transparent background/no color.

While it's true that certain colour pickers do have a "no colour" option,
it is generally the case that, as with range controls, there's no "none"
option in the typical UI.

I expect we will add support for this at a future time, just like we will
likely add support for more detailed range controls (e.g. that have a min
and a max slider).