Re: [whatwg] alt and title attribute exception

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 20:49:35 +0100
To: Steve Faulkner <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>
Cc: whatwg <whatwg@whatwg.org>, Philip J├Ągenstedt <philipj@opera.com>, Chaals McCathieNevile <w3b@chaals.com>
On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Steve Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> I was not talking about being displayed as a tooltip .
>
> I was referring to the display as a replacement for an image when images are disabled. There is no indication that the text is advisory information rather than a text alternative. So in this case alt is being displayed in the same way as title.

My point is whether WebKit is conforming depends on whether you try to
apply the conformance requirement to individual aspects of how the
attribute is presented or to the entire presentation. Your claim that
it's non-conforming depends on applying it to individual aspects.
That's not misreading the requirement, but it's not the only viable
reading.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis