Re: [whatwg] alt and title attribute exception

From: Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 13:12:52 +0200
To: whatwg <whatwg@whatwg.org>, "Steve Faulkner" <faulkner.steve@gmail.com>, "Chaals McCathieNevile" <w3b@chaals.com>
On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:48:52 +0200, Chaals McCathieNevile <w3b@chaals.com>
wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Jul 2012 11:18:37 +0200, Philip Jägenstedt <philipj@opera.com>
> wrote:
>
>> AFAICT there's also no way to read the alt attribute on Opera Mobile.
>
> You mean title, right?
>
> (alt can be read by turning of image loading - although the famous bug
> http://a11ybugs.org/bug-3.php (I know a few versions of it in Opera's
> BTS) doesn't help).

I really did mean the alt attribute, I didn't try turning images off, just
long-clicking... oops.

I suppose that if mobile browsers fix Bug 3 *and* fall back to the title
attribute in the absence of an alt attribute then it would be OK to use
title instead of alt, but I'm confused -- is falling back to title a Good
Thing that people want browsers to implement, or is it just a quirk that
some legacy browser had?

--
Philip Jägenstedt
Core Developer