Re: [whatwg] CSS Filter Effects for Canvas 2D Context

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Rik Cabanier <cabanier@gmail.com> wrote:

> I agree that it would be great to have filter effects in Canvas. It should
> be fairly efficient if you have a GPU backend since the effects can all be
> done with shaders so it should take up too much memory.
> This workflow could even support our CSS shaders proposal. Also since CORS
> is no longer an issue with Canvas, we could remove all the limitations we
> had to build in to ensure security.

CORS is still an issue. You would have to apply the same limitations when
using non-origin-clean source images.

Something like canvas.filter = <CSS-filter-value> would probably be good,
but you'd have to define what the object bounding box for SVG filters is.
This would be useful for Shumway.
https://github.com/mozilla/shumway

Rob
than others?" [Matthew 5:43-47]