Re: [whatwg] Administrivia: Update on the relationship between the WHATWG HTML living standard and the W3C HTML5 specification

On 25.7.2012 16:55, Steve Faulkner wrote:
> hi Bronislav
>
> you wrote:
>
> I was just looking at WHATWG wiki and there is nice sentence: "In
> general the WHATWG will ensure that the normative content of the
> specifications (the requirements on authors and implementors) remains
> the same so long as the W3C group doesn't demonstrate any serious lapses
> in judgement."
>

> I am sure the same can be said from the other viewpoint,
>
> The W3C HTML working group  will ensure that the normative content of the
> specifications (the requirements on authors and implementors) remains
> the same so long as the WHATWG group doesn't demonstrate any serious lapses
> in judgement.
>

> Which is why the 2 specs have diverged on author conformance
> requirements and advice as each group considers the other to have made
> lapses in judgement.

Hi Steve,
True, no doubt about that, but that is matter of relevancy of opinion.
Mine and yours are irrelevant. W3C and WHATWG as organizations are
irrelevant - neither actually have any authority, both derives their
authority from browser vendors - "specification" not supported by
majority of browsers is irrelevant, developers can only work with what
is in the browser (plugins are becoming obsolete, as it would seems).
The only thing, that maters is what is in browsers.

Bronislav Klucka