From: Ian Yang <ian.html@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 10:36:58 +0800
To: whatwg@lists.whatwg.org
2012/7/16 Leif H Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>

> Sat, 14 Jul 2012 23:53:32 +0800, from Ian Yang
>
>> Okay, it seems that one of the ideas I mentioned in my original email
>> needs to be revamped.
>>

>> I was saying that using general heading (<H1>) and paragraph (<p>) loses
>> the meaning of "definition term" and "definition description", but I didn't
>> realize that using <ol> loses the meaning of "definition list". That is,
>> the following code is, in fact, improper:
>>

>> <!-- The following code is improper as it loses the meaning of
>> "definition list". -->
>>
> <ol>
>>    <li>
>>        <dt></dt>
>>        <dd></dd>
>>    </li>
>>    <li>
>>        <dt></dt>
>>        <dd></dd>
>>    </li>
>>    <li>
>>        <dt></dt>
>>        <dd></dd>
>>    </li>
>> </ol>
>>

> An XOXO list should solve this:
>
> http://microformats.org/wiki/**xoxo#Properties_of_Outline_**Items<http://microformats.org/wiki/xoxo#Properties_of_Outline_Items>
>
> Or just add a dl wrapper around the dt/dd elements in your code above.

Thanks for the useful information. I didn't know the XOXO thing before.

However, after reading the examples they provided, I still couldn't
understand its use. Could you please provide me with an example of the use
of XOXO, using the life cycle of the butterfly I mentioned above? Thank you
very much.

Sincerely,
Ian Yang