Re: [whatwg] Additional attribute value for iframe sandbox

On Mon, 30 Apr 2012, Charles Pritchard wrote:
> On 4/30/12 2:04 PM, Tim Streater wrote:
> > On 30 Apr 2012 at 21:17, Charles Pritchard<chuck@jumis.com>  wrote:
> > > They've got an allow-popup in IE and I think WebKit. It's just a
> > > little slow going in getting it firmly out there.
> >
> > Yes, I saw that as I worked on through the archive. But they want to
> > enforce the same restrictions on the newly-opened window as the iframe
> > had. I'd prefer no restrictions, but also no connection back from the
> > opened window to its parent. IOW, just as if one had opened a new
> > browser window and typed the URI in manually.
>
> The about:blank + <meta refresh> hack is no fun; the thing used to break
> out of origin in webkit.
>
> I'd hoped iframe sandbox had that solved.

Well, nothing stops the user from opening any links the user wants to open
wherever the user wants to open them. All sandbox="" does is prevent the
page from automatically opening pages.

I'm not 100% clear on what you're trying to block with sandbox if that's
not sufficient. Maybe if you could describe your threat model in more
detail it would be clearer?