[whatwg] tabindexscope

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 13:54, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> Surely that would be better than having authors manage local regions for
> tabindex, especially since the positioning depends on the CSS level, not
> the HTML level, and thus trying to manage the tabindex in the HTML would
> be a layering violation anyway.

Assume the developer is building a component/widget/group of elements
in isolation from the rest of the application/page. He wants to define
the tab order of the elements under his control to be something else
than the browser provided default order. To do this correctly today
the developer would have to update tabindex on all existing keyboard
focusable elements.

What you are saying is that the developer should not try to manage the
tabindex which to me implies that user agents should ultimately ignore
the developer provided tabindex?

--
erik