[whatwg] Requests for new elements for comments

From: Bjartur Thorlacius <svartman95@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 15:17:40 -0000
On Thu, 26 Jan 2012 21:43:07 -0000, Matthew Wilcox <elvendil at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Obviously this is not right - perhaps I'm not understanding your use
> case? Why would you want to specify an author as an attribute on the
> element?

Not necessarily as an attribute, I would prefer an element.

> What is wrong with:
> <article class="by-post-author">
> <footer>
> </footer>
> </article>

Nothing tangible. It would serve my main use case of allowing <article>s
by respected authors to be rendered before other <article>s or otherwise
style them. I believe semantically stating authorship to be useful e.g.
for searching a collection of documents for articles by a specific author,
or conversely, blacklisting. Also, hCard fn allows for abbreviation of
names I would find handy when screen space is scarce. But I guess those
are less important than the first one.