[whatwg] HTML Audio Element removal from DOM

From: Andrew Scherkus <scherkus@google.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 13:32:00 -0800
On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 1:19 PM, Charles Pritchard <chuck at jumis.com> wrote:

> When an <audio> element is removed from the DOM while playing, is that
> element paused?
> That seems to be the behavior in Chrome. I'm looking for clarification.

I was able to repro this in both Safari 5.1.1 and Chrome 17.0.963.26 dev so
perhaps it's a bug in WebKit as the spec states the following:
"""
Media elements that are potentially playing while not in a Document must
not play any video, but should play any audio component. Media elements
must not stop playing just because all references to them have been
removed; only once a media element is in a state where no further audio
could ever be played by that element may the element be garbage collected.
"""

Andrew