[whatwg] Spec with Implementation Details Highlighted?

On Thu, 29 Dec 2011, Smylers wrote:

> Hi there. Is there still a version of the HTML5 spec with
> implementation-only parts highlighted?
>
> This link no longer seems to provide that feature:
> http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/?style=highlight
>
> And I see the link to it has been removed from the FAQ, though the
> 'implementors' part of the question no longer answered:
> http://wiki.whatwg.org/index.php?title=FAQ&diff=7213&oldid=7212

The annotations in the spec were incomplete -- they only covered the parts
of the spec that are used to generate the developers.whatwg.org version,
and do not include things like Workers or the Web Sockets API. So when I
collapsed the WHATWG specs into just the one, rather than having the HTML
spec and the "complete.html" spec, I removed the highlights feature.

If it's something you'd find useful even in its incomplete state, I can
add an alternative style sheet or make the ?style=highlight URL show the
annotations that are present, though. It wouldn't be something we'd
advertise but if it's useful for you I'm happy to keep it around.