[whatwg] RWD Heaven: if browsers reported device capabilities in a request header

Yes, you're getting the point I'm trying to make :D

However, there most certainly IS a use case for screen size. The
designers would kill me if I served up images that had to be
up-sampled to fit the device width. And I'd kill them if I had to send
an image 6 times larger than needed just to cater for a possibliity
that the browser may end up six times larger than it is now.

It's not purely about information adaption, there is visual design
consideration that is as paramount as any other argument. If a website
looks janky, the client (as in the web development agency's client)
isn't going to pay for it.