Re: [whatwg] Fwd: fallback section taking over for 4xx and 5xx responses while online

It'd be loads better if application logic were directly responsible for
making these sort of policy decisions regarding what cached resource to use
under what circumstance. Obscure least-common-denominator rules baked into
the user agent with even more obscure ways to override that
least-common-denominator behavior just isn't working out very well.

> In my opinion the UA should *always* use server returned...

And in some other developers opinion, that would defeat efforts to make the
client resilient to 5xx errors.