Re: [whatwg] events when navigating away before page load?

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012, Mike Wilson wrote:

> What events are supposed to be fired when the browsing context gets
> navigated away before the current page has finished loading, ie before
> the load event has been fired?

It's pretty complicated, but the short answer is "beforeunload" and
"unload". "DOMContentLoaded" and "load" don't fire per spec, though this
is controversial (it's been suggested that the abort that happens during
navigation should be equivalent to the abort that happens when the user
hits "Stop"; whether it is or not changes whether or not we pretend that
the page finished parsing or not).