Re: [whatwg] Making cross-origin <iframe seamless=""> (partly) usable

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012, Jonas Sicking wrote:

> >> It seems to me like the best solution is to have a new HTTP header,
> >> with the four following values being allowed:
> >>
> >>    Seamless-Options: allow-shrink-wrap
> >>    Seamless-Options: allow-styling
> >>    Seamless-Options: allow-shrink-wrap allow-styling
> >>    Seamless-Options: allow-styling allow-shrink-wrap
> >
> > I guess it depends how costly you think it is to mint new HTTP headers
> > rather than having fewer, harder working headers.
>
> I hear no end of people arguing that HTTP headers are too hard for
> people to use. Could we make these settable through <meta> elements as
> well as, or instead of, using headers.

The problem is that we need to have the information before we create the
Document, since once the Document is created the page might be rendered,
and if the information comes after the Document is rendered, there would
be flicker (different sizes for the iframes, different styles in the
iframes).