Re: [whatwg] Why won't you let us make our own HTML5 browsers?

> From: bhawkeslewis@googlemail.com
> Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 21:25:07 +0100
> >>
> >> Are you talking about something like the "calculate" property from XForms?
> >
> > Something that could handle simple event processing such as drop down menus
>
> Already got it. See <select>, <menu>, and @contextmenu.

These all seem to require the use of Javascript to actually handle the click event?  The suggestion was an alternative to implement clickable drop down menus without Javascript.

The simple event processing these menus generally require could probably be handled by a very limited subset of Javascript.   Perhaps some declarative event handling could be defined such as click or gesture state that feeds into the CSS calculations, for example: clicks cycling a property through a numerical sequences, [0 and 1 to toggle a pull down menu, 0 to 3 for 90 image rotations in a gallery etc.], separate left and right rotation buttons could be implemented by subtracting one button counter from another in CSS calculations.

cheers
Fred