Re: [whatwg] Why won't you let us make our own HTML5 browsers?

On 12/08/28 14:41, Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Fri, 8 Jun 2012, Mark Callow wrote:
>> On 08/06/2012 06:09, Ian Hickson wrote:
>>> The dire warning doesn't work. I'm just saying that's the direction
>>> that operating system vendors have been going in; that disallowing it
>>> in the browser case is not a different direction, it's consistent with
>>> the industry's direction as a whole.
>> The platform providers want control so they can extract money from
>> application developers; they do it under the guise of safety & security
>> so people will go along with it. Governments get control over people in
>> the same way.
>>
>> In both cases it is an existential threat to freedom and civil
>> liberties.
> If one works from these assumptions, why would we assume that it is
> nonetheless possible for us to specify something that works against these
> motivations?
We don't. We have to raise awareness of the issues and the level of
concern to the point where browser vendors will find acceding to the
demands for privacy, and by corollary the ability to fully control one's
own devices, the lesser cost option.
>  Putting something in the spec doesn't magically make it
> appear in browsers.
Indeed.

Regards

    -Mark

--
注意:この電子メールには、株式会社エイチアイの機密情報が含まれている場合
が有ります。正式なメール受信者では無い場合はメール複製、 再配信または情

NOTE: This electronic mail message may contain confidential and
privileged information from HI Corporation. If you are not the intended
recipient, any disclosure, photocopying, distribution or use of the
contents of the received information is prohibited. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete this message and all related copies.