Re: [whatwg] I believe source rectangles for HTML5 Canvas drawImage are specified incorrectly

Hi Kevin,

The same artifact use to be present in Chrome not that long ago. When we
fixed it, we chose to interpret "original image data" as meaning the part
of the image data that is within the bounds of the of the source rectangle.
Also, it makes more sense to do it that way. I agree that the spec could
use more clarity here.
I support your case that it is preferable for the filtering algorithm to
clamp to the border of the source rectangle rather than to the border the
border of the source image.  This is essential for implementing sprite maps
without having to waste pixels to pad the borders between tiles.

     -Justin Novosad