Re: [whatwg] StringEncoding: Allowed encodings for TextEncoder

I think the main reason would be if there are modern formats which use
UTF16 which we want to allow people to create documents in. I asked on
twitter for such formats and got some responses:

https://twitter.com/SickingJ/status/234060964058763264

/ Jonas