Re: [whatwg] Missing alt attribute name bikeshedding (was Re: alt="" and the <meta name=generator> exception)

On Mon, Aug 6, 2012 at 4:17 AM, Odin Hørthe Omdal <odinho@opera.com> wrote:

> IMHO generator-unable-to-provide-**required-alt in all its ugliness is a
> really nice feature, because how would anyone in their sane mind write
> that. It's really made for a corner case, and if you really really want
> that, you should be prepared to deal with the ugliness, because what you
> are doing is ugly in the first place...

Making things ugly on purpose is always a bad idea.  Either it has valid
use cases, and it should be a clean, well-designed feature, or it doesn't,
and it shouldn't be there at all.  Please don't go down this path; we have
more than enough ugliness by accident without doing it on purpose.

--
Glenn Maynard