Re: [whatwg] A mechanism to improve form autofill

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 9:42 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

>> > Sure, why not?
>>
>> I am too, but I can understand why people who share their computer (and
>> user accounts) with others wouldn't want their card numbers saving.
>
> That's a UA configuration issue, presumably. (Similar to saving
> passwords.)

In fact, Chrome already autodetects credit card numbers for autofill
(presumably based on a heuristic) and has a special dialog for whether
to remember them, similar to the password-remembering dialog.  At
<chrome://chrome/settings/autofill>, there are fields for both
addresses and credit card numbers.  This is documented here:
<https://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=142893&p=settings_autofill>
 IIRC, one option when it asks you to remember credit cards is "don't
ever remember credit card numbers" -- although I'm not sure, since I
think I picked it and thus haven't seen the dialog in a long time.  :)