[whatwg] Request for new DOM property textarea.selectionText

From: David Young <dyoung@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:35:55 -0500
On Mon, Apr 30, 2012 at 08:55:04AM +0300, Aryeh Gregor wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 29, 2012 at 11:39 PM, David Young <dyoung at pobox.com> wrote:
> > I'm curious what advantages document.execCommand() has over the
> > customary DOM API for adding/deleting/moving nodes?
>
> execCommand() does vastly more complicated things than the DOM APIs.
> See the spec for details:
>
> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/editing/raw-file/tip/editing.html

I have seen this spec before.  It seems to have something to do
with creating a word processor-like environment in the browser,
something that I am acutely interested in, but there isn't much
introduction/justification to it.  Is there an executive summary of the
editing API somewhere?

Dave

--
David Young