[whatwg] IBM864 mapping of Encoding Standard

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 08:49:34 +0200
On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 05:31:57 +0200, Makoto Kato <m_kato at ga2.so-net.ne.jp>
wrote:
> Except to OS/2 and AIX, I think that this encoding is unnecessary since
> most browsers aren't supported.  If you only add IBM864 and IBM866 to
> this spec as legacy encoding, you should add all encodings that Gecko
> supports due to ambiguous.

That could work too. Currently 864 is not supported by Opera and 866 is
not supported by Chrome. As far as I know the other IBM encodings have
less support. I suppose we should look at content to see how often they
are still used on pages with bytes greater than 0x7F.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/