[whatwg] Encoding Standard (mostly complete)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:30:46 +0200
Hi,

Apart from big5 (which requires some more research) all encoders and
decoders are now defined:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/encoding/raw-file/tip/Overview.html

I think it is now ready to be integrated into HTML.

I also think as a next step we might want to define the encoding sniffing
algorithm. Presumably the one used by Gecko, but input welcome.

Outstanding feedback on the Encoding Standard is recorded here:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=Web%20Platform%20%28other%29&component=Encoding&resolution=---

Feedback is appreciated, either email this list or file a new bug via:

https://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/enter_bug.cgi?product=Web%20Platform%20%28other%29&component=Encoding

Links are also present in the standard.

Kind regards,

--