[whatwg] Dialogs and prompts

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 6:28 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Apr 2012, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> Note that <dialog>'s model is FILO, while Darin was asking for FIFO.
>
> I'm not sure I understand when one would want to queue a dialog to show
> after another dialog has been closed. Does anyone have an example of that
> in a Web app today?

Some games I've played on Plus or Facebook, when you first log in for
the day, show multiple dialogs for different information, one after
another.

For example, I might see a dialog for the "daily log-in bonus", a
dialog for a building that was completed while I was logged out, and a
dialog summarizing the results of an attack that some made against me
while I was logged out.

Since all of these are managed by the same app, it's not difficult for
the app to just use their own queue, having each dialog's onclose
handler look in the queue and open the next one if it exists. I'm not
sure if there's any examples of mashups wanting to do this sort of
dialog-ordering.

~TJ