[whatwg] Fullscreen changes to support <dialog>

On Thu, 05 Apr 2012 06:53:08 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> Those sound like non-modal dialogs. Do you have any examples of modal
> dialogs on the Web that have these behaviours? As above, screenshots and
> URLs to such examples would be really helpful.

I can see how it makes sense in the abstract. Browsers moved away from
application-global modal dialogs to tab modal dialogs. I could see Twitter
still wanting to you let you switch to @Connect or #Discover or search,
while a modal dialog with user information is open. However, we could do
that in a future version by allowing the size of ::backdrop to be adjusted
by setting the top/left/bottom/right properties. Does that make sense?

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/