[whatwg] API for encoding/decoding ArrayBuffers into text

From: Glenn Maynard <glenn@zewt.org>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2012 18:17:11 -0500
On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 5:28 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:

> I'm saying that if an API is better in every way then it doesn't seem
> like an interesting discussion how much better, we should clearly go
> with that API.

It's not a different API, it's an *additional* API.  (Assuming that the
indexOf function is added anyway; the string-array use case wants it, and
its general usefulness should be uncontroversial.)  It doesn't remove
anything else.  There's always a cost to adding more API; what's not clear
is whether it's worth it here, since it's essentially a four-line helper
function (each way) that may or may not actually be used often enough to
justify itself.

--
Glenn Maynard