[whatwg] HTMLForms: Implicit Submission with {display:none} button

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 7:49 AM, Glenn Maynard <glenn at zewt.org> wrote:

> This is an authoring question, not a user one; either the page's author
> intends the form to be submittable or he doesn't.  Having visibility: hidden
> affect this is even more surprising to me as an author than display: none.

Why is this authoring question? As an user, I'd like to know whether
pressing enter in my text field triggers implicit submission or not.

Of course, display: none having an impact here is strange, too.  The
> stylesheet shouldn't have this sort of behavioral side-effect. Both of these
> are weird exceptions, and happen only in IE and WebKit.  Definite agreement
> with fixing WebKit to line up with FF/Opera in case #7.

Given the combined market share of Trident and WebKit, I'm not convinced we
can safely change our behavior without causing compatibility issues.

- Ryosuke