[whatwg] readystatechange for SCRIPT

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Hallvord R. M. Steen wrote:

> [...]

Thanks for the info. Very useful.

On Fri, 9 Sep 2011, Boris Zbarsky wrote:

> The other obvious option is to only have onreadystatechange properties
> on documents and media elements.

Only documents; media elements don't use 'readystatechange' events (they
have specific events for specific readyState transitions).

This is what I'm leaning towards at the moment. Are there any objections
to removing the readyState support from <script> (reverting r6543) and
moving onreadystatechange to HTMLDocument exclusively?

   http://html5.org/r/6543

> Ian, maybe the on* props for events that don't bubble should not be in
> the "appears on all elements" list in general?  The ones that do bubble
> make more sense there.

Specific event names don't bubble or not bubble, only specific events
bubble or not. I think this would lose a large part of the simplification
benefit. However, if this turns out to be a more systemic problem, we will
of course have to consider courses of action such as this one.