[whatwg] Suggestion for HTML5 context menus

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 12:22 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas at sicking.cc> wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Eric Sh. <shedokan1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 23/10/2011 08:35, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>> We added support for this in firefox, so you can get the behavior you
>>> want there in the meantime (I forget what we called the attribute
>>> though).
>>
>> I don't see this in firefox, I tried the nodefault="true" as in the w3 bug
>> tracker but that doesn't do anything. Are you sure that it was really added
>> and if so why isn't it in this example:
>> https://bug617528.bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=554309
>
> My memory could be wrong. cc'ing Jan who implemented what we currently have.

In case his email didn't go through to the list. Apparently this
feature was removed before landing the patch due to not being in spec.
And the spec writer has marked the bug as LATER waiting for
implementation experience.

So it appears that we're dead-locked currently.

/ Jonas