[whatwg] Entering fullscreen when already in fullscreen mode [was: Fullscreen]

On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 3:55 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk at opera.com> wrote:

> However, I just realized this does not work for the single document case.
> You have a video player website and you host your videos in <video> or maybe
> a <div> container. So your video player website is displayed fullscreen,
> because your users like the fullscreen application feel from their OS, but
> then they click to display one of those videos fullscreen and once they hit
> exit the video player website is also no longer displayed fullscreen.

Do you mean the user-fullscreen mode that most browsers enter with F11?
That's a separate piece of state entirely, since it affects the whole
browser window, not individual tabs.  (You should still be able to
enterFullscreen and exitFullscreen, to set and clear the fullscreen
element.  It just wouldn't change the browser window's actual fullscreen
status.)

--
Glenn Maynard