[whatwg] XHR Level 2: Accurate Speed Measurement

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 04:15:30 +0100
* Rodger Combs wrote:
>XHR currently provides no reliable method of determining the actual
>upload or download speed of a transfer. It also does not provide an ETA
>estimate. I propose three new read only  properties of the XHR object:
>XHR.timeRemaining = estimated time left in ms
>XHR.completionTime = a Date object representing the estimated completion time
>XHR.transferRate = upload/download speed, measured in Kbps, as an integer.

You might be better off talking to <http://www.w3.org/2010/webperf/>.
Also, if you want to offer feedback on "XHR Level 2", you should post
it to the address indicated on <http://www.w3.org/TR/XMLHttpRequest2/>.
--
Bj?rn H?hrmann ? mailto:bjoern at hoehrmann.de ? http://bjoern.hoehrmann.de
Am Badedeich 7 ? Telefon: +49(0)160/4415681 ? http://www.bjoernsworld.de