[whatwg] Allowing custom attributes on <html> or <body> in documents for media resources

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 15:06:08 -0800
On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:07 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org> wrote:
> So I propose that a "toplevel" class be set on the root element of a media
> resource document in a toplevel browsing context.

While I'd normally object that classes are purely an author extension
point and UAs should stay out, this is a UA-generated page in the
first place so it's not a big deal.

I might suggest using a pseudoclass instead, though, as that's the
normal UA extension point.  Is there any particular reason to prefer a
class over a pseudoclass?

~TJ