[whatwg] iframe sandbox, <object tag>

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 10:27:33 -0800
On Wed, 09 Nov 2011 09:52:43 -0800, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky at mit.edu> wrote:
>> It seems wrong to me to add new features to obsoleted features. If there
>> are good reasons for using <frame>, maybe it should be made conforming.
>> If there are no such reasons, there are no reasons either for adding new
>> features to it.
>
> Well, there's implementation and conceptual simplicity.  Saying that
> @sandbox works for all browsing contexts is a lot simpler than saying it
> works for a particular white- or black-list of tag names.

Given the way <object> sometimes creates a browsing context and sometimes
not (e.g. for images) I think we already lost that kind of simplicity.

And seamless/height/width do not make sense for <frame> and
HTMLFrameElement has various "features" that HTMLIFrameElement does not.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/