[whatwg] <embed> autoplay element attribute

From: Francis Boumphrey <boumphreyfr@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 21:32:25 -0500
Why does the (Editor's Draft 4 November 2011) spec not specifically allow
the 'autoplay' element? It has been supported by most browsers for at least
10 years, and is specified on the <video> and <audio> elements,

I'm not sure the following does the trick.

"Any namespace-less attribute other than
name<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/obsolete.html#attr-embed-name>,
align<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/obsolete.html#attr-embed-align>,
hspace<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/obsolete.html#attr-embed-hspace>,
and vspace<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/obsolete.html#attr-embed-vspace>may
be specified on the
embed<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/the-embed-element.html#the-embed-element>element,
so long as its name is
XML-compatible<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/infrastructure.html#xml-compatible>and
contains no characters in the range U+0041 to U+005A (LATIN CAPITAL
LETTER A to LATIN CAPITAL LETTER Z). These attributes are then passed as
parameters to the
plugin<http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec-author-view/infrastructure.html#plugin>
."

Have I missed some earlier discussion on this?

Frank