[whatwg] window.cipher HTML crypto API draft spec

From: David Dahl <ddahl@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 15:57:44 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon Heckmann" <simon@simonheckmann.de>
To: "Adam Barth" <w3c at adambarth.com>
Cc: "David Dahl" <ddahl at mozilla.com>, whatwg at lists.whatwg.org
Sent: Friday, May 20, 2011 5:44:52 PM
Subject: Re: [whatwg] window.cipher HTML crypto API draft spec

> Why does it only handle asymmetric encryption? Something to encrypt/decrypt data with e.g. AES would be nice as well!

I do need to add a symmetric encryption API as well, my current focus has been on the exchange of message between web users, but that is only one facet of the results of this effort. I should look at the big picture a bit and think about what that API should look like. Thanks for the reminder.

David