[whatwg] Full Screen API Feedback

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 8:52 PM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs at apple.com> wrote:

> Limited or no keyboard input also greatly mitigates the risk of a full OS
> UI spoofing attack. I think there are better ways to address this than
> prompting the user. For example, for apps requesting full keyboard access,
> there could be an always-visible onscreen indicator that is not easily
> covered up. This does not necessarily have to be ugly, or distracting in a
> game context.

Can you elaborate on that? I'm having trouble thinking of a generic onscreen
indicator that would meet that goal.

Another possibility is to have the indicator appear on mouse move.

That's fine for video, but not for anything interactive. Do you have in mind
a generic onscreen indicator that would work well for, say, Quake?

Rob