[whatwg] Full Screen API Feedback

Why can't the browser just do the "fullscreen in a window" behaviour
until/if the user approves?

No need for new events even, although a "fullscreen lost", sourced eg. from
some browser UI or loss of focus, might be useful.

I don't see why it would make a difference from the page's perspective
whether it would was actually taking up an entire screen or just all of a
certain window/tab. If the user wants the fullscreen ui without actually
being fullscreen, why stop them or allow pages to force them?

--
-- James May