[whatwg] Control over selection direction

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 17:00:34 -0400
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 7:49 PM, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> I've added selectionDirection = 'forward'/'backward'/'none'. ('none' is
> the default selection direction on Mac OS.)

What does "none" mean?  If the user hits the right arrow key, does the
cursor move to the right of the last character of the selection or the
first?  What should UAs do on platforms that don't support the concept
of a "none" direction (assuming there are such)?

This is also inconsistent with Selection, which has only two
directions.  I think I vaguely remember hearing WebKit on OS X
actually has three directions for it, though . . .