[whatwg] Handling of collapsed whitespace in contenteditable

From: Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 12:09:09 -0400
On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 6:05 PM, Ryosuke Niwa <rniwa at webkit.org> wrote:
> Problem is that not all user agents, in particular, mail clients support
> white-space: pre-wrap.

Good point.  That's pretty much the final nail in the coffin.  I'll
specify something with nbsp's here, although I don't know how I'll
make it work when runs of spaces span multiple text nodes.  I'll add a
note advising authors to use white-space: pre-wrap, although I doubt
many will see or follow it.