[whatwg] Enhancement request: change EventSource to allow cross-domain access

From: Per-Erik Brodin <per-erik.brodin@ericsson.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 16:13:42 +0200
On 2011-06-20 12:53, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> Headers that the implementation adds doesn't need to be added to this
> list. For example the "Host" header is set by the browser in almost
> all situations, but it does not need to be added to the list of
> "simple headers". Indeed, adding in there would an out right bad idea.
>
> So I'm not convinced that the Last-Event-ID header needs to be in the list.

Only "custom request headers" are matched against the list of "simple
headers" and "Host" is not a custom header set by the EventSource
implementation, hence there is no need to add it to the list.

In XHR Level 2 the custom request headers are the "author request
headers". An option would be to always match the list of simple headers
against author request headers only.

//Per-Erik