[whatwg] Enhancement request: change EventSource to allow cross-domain access

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 21:34:45 +0200
On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 15:23:21 +0200, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay at helsinki.fi>
wrote:
> It is a very strange API inconsistency if XHR defaults to
> credentials=false, but EventSource to credentials=true.

Not if we do not expose all of the features XMLHttpRequest has. Besides,
.withCredentials was a bad idea. That is where the inconsistency with
other cross-origin requests started. (In retrospect I very much wish I
fought harder to keep the consistency.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/