[whatwg] Normalization of user selections

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 15:38:05 -0400
On 6/16/11 3:22 PM, Ryosuke Niwa wrote:
> It's inevitable in some sense because we can't guess the user intent
> although Firefox and Microsoft Word seem to use the direction to which
> user moved caret as a hint.

Indeed.

And the fact that the two DOM positions correspond to the same
user-visible selection is not set in stone either.  Perhaps the real
answer is to use such directional hints and make it clear to the user
somehow where the insertion point really is?  The latter is what's hard
in a wysiwyg context.

-Boris