[whatwg] Comparing mouseover/mouseout, mouseenter/mouseleave and dragenter/dragleave

From: Rob Crowther <robertc@boogdesign.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 20:36:41 +0100
In Firefox 4 dragenter/dragleave are fired like mouseover/mouseout
events - when you enter or leave the elements irrespective of whether
the mouse pointer is entering a child element or leaving the element
altogether.  So I have two questions:

1. Is Firefox 4 doing the correct thing?
2. If it is doing the correct thing, isn't it a bit confusing that
dragenter doesn't behave like mouseenter but like mouseover and
dragleave doesn't behave like mouseleave but mouseout?

The phrase "Fire a DND event named dragenter at the immediate user
selection" seems to indicate Firefox is correct, but it wasn't the
behaviour I was expecting when I tried it for the first time.

Rob