[whatwg] "Content-Disposition" property for <a> tags

From: Michal Zalewski <lcamtuf@coredump.cx>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 12:32:27 -0700
> I don't think the issue raised was about getting people to save files,
> though. ?If you can get someone to click a link, you can already point
> them at something that sets the HTTP C-D header.

The origin of a download is one of the best / most important
indicators people have right now (which, by itself, is a bit of a
shame). I just think it would be a substantial regression to make it
possible for microsoft.com or google.com to unwittingly serve .exe /
.jar / .zip / .rar files based on third-party markup.

Firefox and MSIE display the origin fairly prominently, IIRC; Chrome
displays it in some views. But deficiencies of current UIs are
probably a separate problem.

/mz