[whatwg] on* attributes on DOM elements

On Fri, 17 Jun 2011 11:57:20 -0700, Ian Hickson <ian at hixie.ch> wrote:
> I'm all in favour of making this generic across all vocabularies. I'm
> happy to work with Anne and Ms2ger to move all the HTML and SVG event
> handler attributes (does MathML have any?) to Element. It would not be an
> uncontroversial change.

So the SVG WG discussed this and they would like this as well. (They
basically want the same behavior as HTML has here and converge as much as
possible.) The change to the current mechanism required for SVG is to
expose an "evt" variable somehow in scope of the Function.

Now does it make sense to have the IDL attributes on Element but not have
the content attributes on all elements? That would mean it still depends
on the markup language what you can use as on* attributes which is not
very straightforward.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/