[whatwg] [editing] Proposal: Undeletable elements within contentEditable

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Aryeh Gregor <Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com>wrote:

> I'm very reluctant to add such things, because it adds corner cases
> that vastly complicate processing and allow tons more room for bugs.
> It means every single algorithm related to editing needs to be aware
> of the attribute and check for it before deleting anything.  This is
> already a big headache for contenteditable=false, which has tons of
> bugs in my algorithms and in browsers that I haven't even tried fixing
> systematically yet.

I concur with Aryeh here.  I would be strongly against adding such a feature
unless it's absolutely required to address some use case.  User agents are
barely coping with nested editability now and adding another layer of
complexity is very undesirable.

- Ryosuke