[whatwg] Timing API proposal for measuring intervals

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 1:02 PM, Glenn Maynard <glenn at zewt.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 11, 2011 at 8:57 PM, Robert O'Callahan <robert at ocallahan.org>wrote:
>
>> Suppose we wanted to sync animation (either scripted animation or CSS
>> animation) to audio. We'd want them to use the audio clock, right?
>>

> For that you need the play cursor of the actual audio sample you're
> synchronizing against, which is typically not strongly tied to the
> associated hardware audio clock.  For example, audio underruns may change
> their alignment.

OK, but it's the audio clock with some adjustments, right? Definitely not
the system clock.

Rob
--
"If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in
us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our