[whatwg] HTML5 Video - Issue and Request for improvment

To elaborate a bit, I'm a control developer and I have my own custom
controls. But we want to allow for the customer to use the default browser
controls if they want to. This can be done by switching an option in my
jQuery widget - browserControls - true/false. Or through browser context
menu shown by default on right click. So I'm trying to be flexible enough
for the customer.

I was thinking about this
1) that adding a transparent overlay over the browser controls
Or
2) to detect the click position and if it is some pixels away from the
bottom of the video tag

will fix this, but every browser has different height for its embedded
controls and I should hardcode this height in my code, which is just not
manageable.

I can always add a limitation when using browser controls, toggle play/pause
on video area click will be turned off, but I want to achieve similar
behavior in all the browsers no matter whether they use embedded controls or
not.

So I think this tiny click.target thing will be very useful.

Thanks,
Lubomir