[whatwg] Request for implementer feedback: multiple Ranges per Selection

On Fri, Jan 28, 2011 at 10:59 AM, Aryeh Gregor
<Simetrical+w3c at gmail.com<Simetrical%2Bw3c at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> 1) Are there real-world use-cases for multiple Ranges per Selection,
> or was it just an attempt to be as general as possible?
>
> 2) Have WebKit or Opera run into any websites that depend on being
> able to use multiple Ranges per Selection?

For what it's worth, the only thing I've noticed this used for is hijacking
copy events and adding ads to copied text (by appending a hidden div to the
selection), which is infuriating.  Unfortunately, methods of doing this
without ranges do exist; this just makes it easier...

--
Glenn Maynard